Saturday, June 1, 2013

June Goals

Wow, we are starting the month of June already. These past 5 months have flown by and I’m sure the next 7 will follow in the same way. I haven’t had a list of goals for the past few months because, well, I’ve been kind of lazy. Ok, maybe that’s not quite it…completely. Actually, I think it’s nice to take a few months off from goals now and then. It doesn’t put a stop to my weekly to-do lists though!

So, for the month of June, my goals are:
  1. Exercise 3 times a week for at least 1 hour. 
  2. Read 3 books.
  3. Take a day trip somewhere we haven’t visited yet. 
  4. Make 2 new food dishes.
I think these are all manageable goals and a good way to get back into the swing of things again. I must say the hardest one will probably be the exercise. I am still having a lot of foot pain, which I am getting checked out again in a couple of weeks. I actually think swimming may have exacerbated the pain…damn flutter kick)! But until then, I will do what I can until the doc tells me otherwise, which I probably won’t listen to anyway, knowing me.
*  Do you have any goals for this month?

3 comments:

Crystal said...

1st workout completed! Giggity :)

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I hope your foot starts feeling better soon! I found out I had a stress fracture shortly after I moved here so have been sidelined from running for the last 8 weeks. I started swimming this week - hopefully it doesn't aggravate my injury!

My goal for June is to look for the positive in Charlotte... I have not done the best job of doing that since I moved here and that needs to change!

Crystal said...

Thanks! I see the doc next week so we'll see how that goes. Charlotte is tough to adjust to, everything is so spread out (beyond the city) and it can be tough to meet new people sometimes. There is a lot to do around here so I always try to plan a couple things a month. It will all work out for you!