Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Work. Swim. Repeat.

That about sums up how my days have been going lately.  I head to work bright and early and sit in my cell cubicle for 8 hours. After 8 mindless hours in front of the computer screen, I head home for a bit to let Wilson out and grab something to eat before heading to the pool to teach all my swim monkeys...and there are a lot of them. I teach 17 classes a week with kids ranging from 2-12 years old as well as several adult classes. Needless to say, I am keeping very busy with this second job, along with all my extra certifications I am getting as well. Keeps me out of trouble and extra scrilla is always nice too.

We had plans to go to the Taste of Charlotte but we both worked Saturday and it was hot and humid Sunday so we ran some errands and relaxed at home instead. Also watched a couple of movies, Broken City and Jack Reacher. Both were pretty good but Broken City could've been a bit more action-packed.

I finished Jen Lancaster's book this weekend and have to say this one had some tear-jerker moments in it which I wasn't expecting. Overall, a pretty good read with some great sarcastic comments throughout. That brings my total book reads to 30. Only 22 more to go to reach my goal...giggity!


4 comments:

Erin said...

I would say you are definitely keeping busy. My goodness!

Agate Lake Girl said...

That is a lot of pool time! Are you pruney yet? :)

Crystal said...

The best part is all those classes encompass only 3 days. Good times!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I didn't make it to the Taste of Charlotte either as the weather was kind of iffy on Friday when I was planning to go. :(

You are most definitely keeping very busy these days. That is A LOT of classes to teach each week!