Saturday, July 6, 2013

Life Lately

There hasn't been too much going on around here other than a lot of routine for the month of June.  To start, let's recap on my June goals:

So, for the month of June, my goals are:
  1. Exercise 3 times a week for at least 1 hour.  (Fail.  Because of the boot and being sick for the entire month of June, this one was pretty much a wash, other than a couple of walks and my stretches. Better luck next month).
  2. Read 3 books. (Completed)
  3. Take a day trip somewhere we haven’t visited yet. (Nope, didn't get anywhere this month. Don't really feel like doing much feeling when feeling blucky).
  4. Make 2 new food dishes. (Fail. Although I did do a lot of cooking at home, just nothing new).
As for July goals, I have decided not to make any.  I am still trying to battle this back-to-back colds that will not end (stupid pool) and since the month is already six days down, I think I will just sit this one out and just work on things as they come up and get back into the goals for August.
 
We enjoyed a pretty laid-back 4th this year.  Had a barbecue with some neighbors, went to a festival in town and checked out the sights, then came home and watched the fireworks from the backyard. I had to work yesterday so it hasn't been a nice 4 day weekend for me, but a day off in the week is always a nice bonus.
 
We are planning a trip up to MN at the end of the month for my family reunion so I am anxiously awaiting that.  It will be great to hang out with family, see my parents, sister, brother, and my nieces and nephew again.  They are getting so big! Hopefully I will be rid of the boot by then because, either way, it is not coming with me up north!
 
Other than that, June was spent working, resting, reading, movie watching, lots of grilling.  I'm sure there will be more of that for the rest of July as well.  Hope everyone else is doing well!

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

That is exciting that you are going back to MN later this month! I am going home the first week of August and I CAN'T WAIT. :)

That sucks that you are still fighting colds. I feel one coming on right now and am hoping it is just allergies or something.