Monday, August 5, 2013

Life Lately

Another month has gone by and here we are in August already! July was a busy month with working both jobs, keeping myself busy reading, and our trip to Minnesota for my family reunion which passed by all too quickly.  I do have some pics I will try to upload this weekend (I hope). Other than a very chilly boat launch, the weather was great and devoid of humidity...and mosquitoes. Bonus!

So, it's August. What are my plans for the month you ask? Well let me tell you...

First of all, I quit my job. Friday is my last day at my current law firm. After 5 months there, I knew it wasn't going to be a permanent fit and got the heads up from a former coworker about a new position at a different firm so starting August 14th, I will be starting a new job with a new firm.  I know what you're wondering...is it closer to home?  Of course not! That would be too easy.  It's about the same distance as my current one.  I've basically resigned myself to accepting that if I plan to work in law firms or in corporate, it's going to be in Charlotte. The only way for a closer commute is to move closer and that's not happening any time soon. So, more audio books for the ride I guess. I really should look into some Spanish tapes, I could have been fluent by now!

Swimming is going well. Just realized one of my coworkers there also moved from West Palm Beach to here about 2 months after we did. Small world.  Classes are going pretty well, just wish I could exchange my paycheck for scuba lessons so I could get certified my the end of the year (yes I asked and no they said). Maybe next year though.

The boot is gone, and has been for a few weeks now, and I am actually cleared to try running again as early as next week. So I went running tonight cuz I'm cool like that and like to be an overachiever. It felt pretty good just to get the legs moving again and nothing hurt so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  I'm eyeing up a race in Charleston for next year so let's see if I can keep this running thing up for a month or so.

So, that's what's been going on here lately. I'm hoping to start writing more again, especially if I can get back into running. Guess I'll take baby steps on both endeavors.

Later...

1 comment:

Jess said...

Good luck with the new job and getting back to running!