Saturday, September 14, 2013

Saturday Tidbits


Happy Saturday!

  • My new job is crazy busy and I've been soaking up new info like a sponge these last few weeks. I'm sure in a couple months things will level out but until then, thank goodness for drinks after work.
  • The weather has taken a turn from hot and humid to super awesome! Wilson and I are chillin on the patio with the nook and an iced coffee enjoying the cool morning temps. I think a long walk in park is necessary today.
  • So how's the running going…well the foot has still been giving me problems so I've been focusing on walking and my exercise bike, plus swimming of course. I really hope this heals soon.
  • At the rate its going, I may not be able to do the five or so races I wanted to do.  Injuries are so stupid.
  • With it already being mid September, I am finding myself thinking about fall activities and the approaching holidays. Hoping we can plan some fun things to do in the upcoming weekends. I think Oktoberfest is fast approaching, bringing many delicious beers for me to try :)

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying a beautiful morning as  well. I still have to catch up on reading blogs and i hope to start posting a bit more. Later gators!

3 comments:

Agate Lake Girl said...

Just catching up on your blog. I guess I missed a few posts, sorry! I didn't even know you had a new job. :)

Jess said...

Sorry to hear you're still experiencing foot pain. I forget: Was it a stress fracture? If so, did your doc ever recommend a "bone stimulator"? It sounds kinda silly, but seems to work in speeding along the healing process. Guess I have to go re-read and see what your injury was.

Jess said...

Yes, I now confirm I was correct in remembering it as a stress fracture.

So, yeah, if your doc didn't rec the bone stimulator, it may be worth going back and pursuing. If you want a looksie at what it entails, I know another running blogger, who also had a stress fracture, and the boot, who is currently using the stimulator. Check it out:

http://jessruns.com/2013/09/top-five-bone-stimulator-questions.html