Thursday, October 17, 2013

For the Love of Squats - Halfway Done





A wee bit late on the post but it's better late than never.  Week 2 got me into the triple digits, starting from 100 going on up to 140 a day.  The pattern is good for me: 3 days on, 1 day off, rinse and repeat.  Each day increases by 5 squats and after a rest day, they usually jump either 10 or 20 and continue on.  This evening I have 150 to do and the biggest thing with this number is just getting them done.  Today, I split them up into groups of 50 and did 50 this a.m. followed by 50 when I got home and I have my last set left this evening.  After a couple weeks doing squats, I can say I do feel pretty good about them. Little bit tighter here and there, and most of the initial soreness has vanished, so now I focus on improving my form, making sure to do deep squats (otherwise they're kind of pointless) and have started adding some weights to the sets.  A little over halfway done and still getting them done!

Unfortunately, I haven't had much time (or desire) to get a whole lot of cardio done.  Work has been bru-tal these past two weeks with lots of "firm restructuring" (yeah, I've heard that one before), so between the stress and craziness at work, plus swim classes 3 days a week, I have found myself enjoying some tv time and snacks in the evening a little more than I should be.  I think a good run is in store for this weekend or at least some extra time on the exercise bike.  At least tomorrow is Friday!

No comments: