Saturday, October 5, 2013

TV, Cupcakes, and Running...oh my!

Since we have switched over to Direct TV, we received the 3 months of free HBO, Showtime, etc.  So, of course this means new shows to enjoy such as Homeland, Boardwalk Empire, the remaining seasons of Dexter we haven't watched yet, and a few others I haven't even had a chance to look into yet. Some of these shows are great so I'm trying to get in as many episodes as possible before our 3 months are up since I really don't want to pay extra to keep these few channels...yet.

Last night, after a delicious dinner of chicken flautas and chips/salsa, I picked up a cupcake for the fall evening. I am such a cake person, I think I could eat one of these every day if I allowed myself to as I just love a good cupcake after, well, anything.  I went with the fall look to go with the season:

 
So Pretty...


As usual, it was magically delicious, although I don't think I have found a cupcake that I didn't enjoy.

To burn off some of those residual cupcake calories, I was up early this morning and ran 3 miles before the sun came up.  The air was still chilly and there was no humidity so it was easy to knock out those 3 miles.  I kept a very slow pace, but it wasn't about speed so much as just getting out there and getting the miles in.  I'd be happy to incorporate some running a couple days a week if the injuries remain in hibernation as we are now approaching the best running months of the year. 

This afternoon, we are headed across our backyard to join our neighbors in a pig roast and picnic complete with pool table, corn hole (bags), and volleyball.  My only wish is that the 70 degree weather from last week was still here as we are climbing close to the 90s for today. If we only had a pool....but at least there will be plenty of beer! Speaking of beer, we picked up some Redds Strawberry Ale today and, although not quite as tasty as the apple ale, I do think it is a good contender for a warm fall day like today.   Happy Saturday everyone.

3 comments:

Agate Lake Girl said...

Delish! :)

Erin said...

Sounds like fun.

I need to get back on my feet too but things have been so hectic. Glad to hear you got a few runs in.

Jess said...

I don't know if I'd even want to e such a beautiful cupcake!

Nice job getting back to the running!