Sunday, October 20, 2013

Weekend Update

Although it feels like it passed by like a flash, we had a pretty good weekend here.  Friday night we went out for dinner at Chili's where I scarfed down some delicious chicken fajitas along with chips and salsa.  Afterwards, we stopped at the store for my Friday cupcake treat (scrumtastic) and headed home for some wonderful couch time catching up on all the shows we haven't had a chance to watch during the week.

Saturday morning I took Wilson for a walk around the neighborhood and did some blog reading before heading to OWA to teach swim lessons.  I teach eight classes on Saturday mornings, so by the time I leave around 1:30pm, I am giddy with chlorine fumes and downright famished.  Brian and I usually grab something to eat when I get home and then I did some laundry, cleaning, and reading while he put up the Halloween decorations (pics to come later).  He did a great job this year and it looks spooky and a bit scary, just the way we like it!  By the evening, we were both pretty tired so we stayed in and caught up on Season 4 of Dexter.

Today, after a hearty breakfast of Belgian waffles, pancakes, eggs and coffee, we visited two different flea markets in the area, one at the Metrolina (not much to talk about) and the other just across the border in Fort Mill, SC which was crazy busy and had everything you could imagine buying from fresh vegetables to appliances, household products, clothes, shoes, etc., probably similar to The Swap Shop in Florida, but in a better neighborhood.  After our flea market excursions and a stop for coffee at McD's (I just can't help myself!), we headed to Aw Shucks Farm to check out their pumpkin patch.  It is definitely a fun place for kids to hang out...my nieces and nephew would love it!  More on that in a later post.  After a couple hours there, it was back home where I left Brian to his football and Wilson and I headed to a park nearby for a 3.5 mile walk.

Now, after a stop for some fall beer flavors and the Sunday paper, I am ready for some down time before another work day approaches.  Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Erin said...

I feel like an absolute slacker after reading what you accomplish in a weekend. Our weekends are more like groundhog's day with chores on Saturday and entertaining the kids on Sunday. Miss you guys. Wish we were able to swing by for a trick or treat on Halloween!

Crystal said...

Miss you guys too. The boys would love the decorations, Brian did a pretty good job this year. It'd be nice to see them all dressed up too. Guess we'll have to rely on pics for now.

Agate Lake Girl said...

Your weekend sounds busy, but delightful! Jealous!